Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving Fun























More than one week after all the Thanksgiving festivities, I am getting around to blogging about it. We left last Wednesday for our first road trip with baby in tow. It took two days of planning and packing to get us out the door Wednesday morning. Our car was completely slam full. I'm talking nothing else was going in there. We barely had room for the baby! Elliott did fine on the car ride even though he's not much for his car seats and definitely does not love long car rides. The main problem with the car rides is that unlike every other baby in the world he does not necessarily fall asleep in the car. On each way of our trip he had one good nap, so that means lots of time mommy had to entertain. Luckily we had a variety of toys and he especially enjoyed the soft blocks that make the crinkly sound.

Elliott thoroughly enjoyed Thanksgiving (in fact he fell asleep during dinner) and I was pleasantly surprised at how well he did despite being away from home. Unfortunately, Thanksgiving night he developed his first cold and woke up all stuffy in the middle of the night. He was pretty miserable most of the day Friday and definitely not himself. I feared the worst for our trip home on Saturday but he actually did well.

It was great to be back in Blowing Rock, NC again and the weather was surprisingly mild for that area. I loved introducing Elliott to all of the Magees. Thanksgiving has been probably my favorite time of year for most of my life. Though I love Gabe's family dearly, somehow it just doesn't seem like Thanksgiving without gathering with the Magees. It's so interesting now that all the cousins are grown and many have little ones of their own. We had a great time and look forward to more Magee Thanksgivings in the future.

In other Elliott news to report: he had his first laugh last Saturday. It is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! He always giggles a little when we're getting him ready for bed and he's laying on his changing table. It still just makes my night when I hear him. So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment