Monday, November 22, 2010

We survived!




















So, week 1 of Operation Mommy Back to Work was successful. Elliott had a great time with Ms. Jen, his sitter, and I managed not to cry myself through the work week. Going back to work was in some ways easier than I had expected and in some ways more difficult. Knowing that Elliott was well taken care of and spending pretty much one-on-one time with an incredibly experienced mom (to 5 girls nonetheless) was definitely comforting. I could text or call anytime to check on him and I even got the cutest picture emailed to me at work on Thursday. The little stinker ate like a truck driver all week and took some crazy long naps (which I swear he'll never do for me) at Ms. Jen's house.

I was not prepared for all of the hard work once I returned home from my 7-3 gig-- bottles to be washed, clothes to be washed, lunches to be packed, and clothes to be laid out. It takes Gabe and I both in full speed to get me and Elliott out the door by 6:20 to head to the sitter's house in the morning. The snooze button is definitely a thing of the past and I believe that prep the night before is what it's all about.

Work itself was fine, although most of the week I felt like I was in some sort of fog. I have a lot of new kids and I never even saw most of my kids before I left on leave in August. It's almost as if I haven't worked since May. Crazy! So to all of my coworkers out there, I can only say one thing--bear with me.

So, since I worked so hard last week, I've been rewarded with the week of Thanksgiving off! One of the many perks of my job. We're headed to Blowing Rock, NC to be with my extended family. It will be another interesting week for Elliott--baby's first road trip. I hope his parents survive this one!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Mama on making it through your first week back to work! Hope you have a wonderful First Thanksgiving with Elliot and your family in Blowing Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laurel! Congrats on making it through your first week. I remember those days and it is definitly tough.. especially going to work with minimal sleep! Is Elliott a good sleeper? Eli is just now starting to sleep through the night or wake up just once.

    ReplyDelete