Sunday, November 7, 2010

Turtles, cribs, birds, and cars



It has been a full week in the Hamby household. We spent Halloween evening at our house handing out candy. Elliott dressed up as a turtle. The mommy confession is that his costume was actually made for a dog--hopefully he won't be scarred for life. I must say it was pretty darn cute although my son wasn't too big of a fan.








Up until this point, Elliott's beautiful crib has pretty much been vacant at night with Elliott sleeping in our room. Gabe and I decided that Halloween night we would try to put Elliott to sleep inhis crib and it was a success! He slept right through numerous door bell rings and "Trick or treats" downstairs and didn't even make a peep. That night he slept about 5 hours straight then was up and down. We were happy with the first attempt and since then he's slept through the night a couple of times in there!!


Another great discovery this week is, as we call it, "the birds". At the recommendation of my friend Morgin we got Elliott this Fisher Price soother that has little birdies on it. We found it at a consignment sale way before he was born--apparently it is no longer made. It plays music and projects a light show on the ceiling. Elliott LOVES it. Mostly he loves the light projection on the ceiling and the music is just a bonus. We use it at bedtime and one night he even fell asleep on his own watching the birds, therefore I deem it a miracle working toy!



Lastly, we got a new to us car this week. My little Mazda 3 was getting pretty cramped for baby and all of his necessary items. After researching we upgraded to a Mazda 5--definitely a mom car, but heck, I am a mom so I guess I can drive it proudly. The Mazda 5 is kind of like a mini van and kind of like a car. I LOVE the sliding doors and how easy it is to get Elliott in and out. I also love all the cargo space for the afforementioned baby items. It drives like a car and is wonderful!


The coming week will be bittersweet for me. It's my last week at home with Elliott before going back to work full-time. I'm looking forward to seeing my coworkers and my kids at school, but I know it's going to be hard to leave him. I'm going to try and savor each and every moment I have with him this week!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with going back to work! I'm sure it won't be easy because it wasn't easy for me when I would pick up shifts while Parker was still a newborn. Hopefully he'll take a bottle like a champ and you will make the transition well. I love your Mazda 5! I don't think it's a Mom car at all. Very sporty and cute! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, E is the cutest little turtle I've ever seen! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will all be there for you next week. It'll be fun to see everyone and show pictures of E. And the car is too cute! Very sporty spice if you ask me...

    ReplyDelete