Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Out and about with the baby boy...


Elliott trying to stay warm on a cold Fall morning!
It's been an exciting week with the Hambys. Elliott and I have gotten out and about much more and I'm feeling more confident in taking him out. Elliott went to church for the first time on Sunday. We were so happy to be back at Stonecreek after 6 weeks of missing church. Elliott enjoyed himself in the nursery and was well taken care of. Mommy was only a little anxious during the service. This was the first time we'd left him with a non-family member. I know that he was in great hands! When I went to pick him up, there was a little handout in the diaper bag from the nursery. I thought it was really meaningful and wanted to share a little of what it said:

"Have you ever thought about the fact that God chose you to be the parent of your child? He knew exactly what your child needed in a parent, and He chose you. He knows your strengths, weaknesses, and your amazing capacity to love. And, He gave you this baby. But, He didn't give you this baby and walk away. He is there--every minute of every day--guiding you through this parenting journey. He has a story of love and redemption to tell your child through you. He wants your precious baby to know that their Heavenly Father is there to help them, just like He's there to help you--every step of the way."


The pictures below are from Sunday


Elliott was a little unsure about the whole going to church thing, but he came around!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing!! I hope you all are doing well!! We can't wait to meet Elliott!! :-)

    ReplyDelete