Sunday, August 8, 2010

We are officially old...


So, in addition to the fact that we are married, homeowners, and soon-to-be parents, we are now the proud owners of a lovely GE chest freezer which resides in our garage. I think this is just another milestone to mark that we are officially old. We are not officially old because we have a freezer, we are officially old because we are so excited about this freezer.


After much debate, we decided to make our purchase. The radiant white freezer was delivered by two quite helpful Home Depot employees on Friday morning and by Saturday morning Gabe and his dad had it installed and ready for action. I'm sure everyone is going to want to know what the first items were to go in the freezer (being sure it was those lovingly created freezer meals I made back in July). No, it wasn't the freezer meals. It was Gabe's "Hungry Man" frozen dinners that he picked out for his lunch. The TV dinners were closely followed by my freezer meals and some salsa my mom and I made a couple of weeks ago. If time and Elliott permits, I'm going to make a couple more things to add to my freezer stash later in the week. Freezer meals and a freezer to go along with them are probably more evidence of my voracious nesting. It seems like we've been constantly busy readying the house for a tiny invader...when he decides to invade there will be plenty of frozen goodness for him!



No comments:

Post a Comment