Saturday, May 21, 2011

Catching up...



So, I have been a horrible blogger lately. I think it's been over two months! I don't really have any excuses, well except an almost 9 month old little guy who keeps me hopping. Things have been busy around the Hamby house, so here are some of the highlights...

-Crawling--Elliott is very close to being a crawling baby. Regardless of the fact that he is close, he is still very mobile--getting into every little thing and getting to the off limits items by rolling, inching, sitting up, falling, or any combination of the above. He is a busy boy!

-Swimming--We started Elliott in a little baby swim class at the YMCA two weeks ago and let me tell you the first class did not go as planned. It never even crossed my mind that E would not like the water. He loves bath time, but something about a gigantic pool (which admittedly was a little bit cold, not his warm bath water) did not suit my son. We lasted maybe 10 minutes the first lesson. Lesson 2 last week went better but he mostly did the "mommy cling" through the whole lesson. Today is lesson 3, so we're hoping that "third time's a charm".

-Teething--Elliott has been teething off and on for a while, but on Thursday finally his first little tooth broke the skin. It's there but still coming up.

-Diapering--So, for all of Elliott's life we've done disposable diapers and that's been fine. In the last month, I've been test driving some new cloth diapers to see if cloth diapering is something that we want to delve into. I've thought about it for awhile but Gabe has always thought I was crazy. So far it's going pretty well and I think I'm going to give it a shot full time. I have spent many hours researching--who knew this whole process could be so complicated??!! So far we've used Flip Diapers and BumGenius diapers. I'll update later on our status.

-Planning--I have about six more days of school until summer and I'm excited to have my little sidekick with me this summer. We've got a beach trip planned in June with our friends the Whites, then we'll see what else the summer holds. I'm so looking forward to being home, enjoying Elliott, and catching up with friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment